Morgantown College Prep Academy
College Prep Academy offers a small-school model with an accelerated academic approach that includes a rigorous curriculum. The objective is to provide a high quality, individualized, values-based college preparatory education for a diverse student population with goals of personal achievement, academic success and commitment to the community. The CPA Family is composed of 130 intelligent students, 1 dynamite security officer, 1 terrific custodian, 4 outstanding ladies who maintain the office, 1 super counselor, 1 excellent Computer tech, and 8 awesome teachers.
At College Prep Academy we BELIEVE in our students, we BELIEVE in our parents, we BELIEVE in our community...... we BELIEVE in SUCCESS...BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY.
- A safe school environment is essential to the teaching and learning process.
- All students can learn in a positive and motivating environment.
- Clear goals and high expectations for student achievement guide the development of curriculum and instructional strategies.
- Student achievement is a cooperative effort among students, parents, school staff and the community.
- Students learn in different ways; therefore, instruction and assessments should be based on current educational research and student’s needs.
- Respect for different cultures provides opportunities for understanding human differences.
- Students need practice in making good decisions within a supportive and challenging learning environment.
- Educational opportunities develop attitudes for life-long learning.