Parent & Community Involvement
The Natchez Adams School District Parent Center provides resources, recognition and technical assistance to parents, communities and schools in an effort to increase parent involvement that promotes their children's success in education. The Natchez Adams School District Parent Center has the role of fostering wider and more substantive family and community involvement by identifying and sharing information with schools and districts about the many different ways to get involved in your child's education.
Please visit our Parent Center located at 10 Homochitto Street, Natchez, MS. We encourage you to participate in our activities throughout the community and hope you will share this resource with your family and friends.
When schools work together with families to support learning, children are inclined to succeed not just in school, but throughout life. The Natchez Adams School District recognizes that a child's education is a responsibility shared by both schools and families during the entire period a child spends in school.
The following are just a few suggestions of the many ways you can be involved with your child's education:
- Contact your child's teacher early in the school year and maintain communication throughout the school year.
- Participate in parent/teacher conferences.
- Ask the teacher what your child is learning and how you can support this at home.
- Talk with your child daily about homework, classroom activities, and events.
- Learn about school policies and expectations so you can help your child understand them.
- Make efforts to stay informed of school and classroom events.
- Model behaviors and attitudes you expect from your child.
- Encourage and nurture your child's creativity.
- Be proactive in making the school aware of your support for your child's education.
- Talk with your employer about flex time so you can participate in school activities.
- Establish a daily family routine.
- Monitor out of school activities.
- Model the value of learning, self-discipline, and hard work.
- Express high, but realistic expectations for achievement.
- Encourage your child's development/progress in school.
- Encourage reading, writing, and discussions among family members.
- Be positive when talking with your child about school related activities.
Natchez Adams School District
Parent Center Liaison:
Mrs. Debra Allen
The Parent Center is here for you ! ! !